[SOLVED] Not sure what happened to my computer

Joshua Bernhardo

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015
Hey guys so today my pc was running fine before I went to work and I shutdown like I normally would.

Came back from work earlier, turned on my pc, and the pc just take a LONG time to boot up to windows. Normally when I turn on the pc it would always load fast to windows.

I have 1 HDD and 2 SSD's, and I used 1 SSD as boot

My pc is working fine as I write this but I noticed that 1 of the SSD is not showing up. I tried disk management and it only shows my HDD and 1 SSD , tried refresh and not showing at all.

Now If I restart, my pc would do the same thing it would take a long time to boot up to windows.

I was able to get into bios and there shows my 1 HDD and 2 SSD but not sure why it doesn't show when in windows.

I did check all my drives are spinning and working. I did check all the cables are attached nice and tight. I did switch sata port/channel on the motherboard.

I'm not quiet sure why this happening because it was fine before I went to work. The thing I didn't understand tho why it took so long to boot up to windows this never happened before.

Solution
What happens if you disconnect the drive that Windows is not detecting? Does it go back to normal boot speed?
If it does, do you have access to another computer you can put that suspect drive into? If it likewise causes a different computer to take a long time to boot its possible the drive is dead or dying.

A common symptom of a failing HDD is long boot times. But I've never had a SSD fail on me since 2012, but if the SSD controller was dying I imagine the symptoms would be similar.

Tanyac

Reputable
What happens if you disconnect the drive that Windows is not detecting? Does it go back to normal boot speed?
If it does, do you have access to another computer you can put that suspect drive into? If it likewise causes a different computer to take a long time to boot its possible the drive is dead or dying.

A common symptom of a failing HDD is long boot times. But I've never had a SSD fail on me since 2012, but if the SSD controller was dying I imagine the symptoms would be similar.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS