[SOLVED] Not sure what im looking for in a video player.

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
Hey need help finding a video player that has this ability.

I like the windows built in Tv and Movies for 2 reasons the first being that when i change video profiles in Radeon settings it is applied to the movie being played in in TV and Movies.... i can visually see it change as i select different ones.

And also because it does a great job of converting HDR to SDR for me as my 4k tv doesnt have HDR.... but i do see some tearing from time to time.

However with VLC i get zero tearing and flawless playback but the picture is always greyed out with no HDR to SDR ability and also cant change the image color etc... with the Radeon profiles they just dont apply.

This is the same for all the other video players ive tried out....

IS there something about the TV and Movies app that is different from most ? is it the output ?

Thanks.

Solution
Things you can try:
in VLC player, go to: Tool -> Preferences -> Video
There, in the "output" menu, select "DirectX (DirectDraw) video output" and restart VLC and test video.

if that doesn't change anything, you can try to select "Windows GDI video output" instead, restart and test...

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
Things you can try:
in VLC player, go to: Tool -> Preferences -> Video
There, in the "output" menu, select "DirectX (DirectDraw) video output" and restart VLC and test video.

if that doesn't change anything, you can try to select "Windows GDI video output" instead, restart and test...

Solution