Not sure what memory speed to choose?

GreyKnight

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
Hi

I am looking at a PC base unit which as standard comes with 2Gb of PC4200 533MHz memory. There is an option to upgrade to PC7200 900MHz memory for an extra £100, but I'm not sure if it's worth it for my use. The PC is an E6600 cpu with an 8800GTS card and will be used for casual gaming, FPS's etc but doesn't need to break records. So long as it runs Medieval 2 Total War at a good speed I'll be happy... :lol:

What do you guys think?

cheers

Graham

little_scrapper

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Before I say anything I want to know "what pc is this?" Its not a Dell, Gateway, or compaq is it? If so, I'd strongly recommend you put the crack pipe down, ...and step away. Hehe

GreyKnight

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
LOL no it's not a Dell, Gateway or Compaq, this is a Mesh PC as seen here

The mobo is an Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe with an option to upgrade to the Premium model for £20.

I've never been big on overclocking to be honest. I may have a go, but I'm always worried about killing things.

I'm just trying to get a good medium-spec rig for gaming without going above the £1,500 mark. This rig with a few bits taken out (I don't need the monitor, speakers etc) is the best value I've come across so far.

little_scrapper

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Thats not a bad deal for a prebuilt. But I still say do it yourself.

I took a quick scan through that parts list. And using only newegg as a source. I could put togather that same basic system, Same mobo, cpu keyboard and mouse. similar display, same video card. But with much BETTER:

RAM
HARD DRIVE
SPEAKERS
LIAN LI case
700W pwr supply

Better system for around $1750 US or 1300eur ( if I really looked around I bet I could save $200 more)
And it wont say MESH COMPUTER when I fire it up like that one is going to. hehe preloaded with all the spyware you can imagine.....hehe

EDIT: Ohh no speakers or monitor. That would bring the price down to $1500 US $1100-1150eur