[SOLVED] Not sure what motherboard to go with

Mar 31, 2020
Hello everybody, I am back once again with another question. For my new build I'm going with a Ryzen 9 3900x and hopefully a 3070. I'm not too experienced with motherboards so I don't know what motherboard to go with. Some of my friends have suggested some B550 boards and others say to go for X570. Brand does nnot matter to me, asus, gigabyte, msi, I don't care. I also don't really have an exact budget for it but I would definitively say below $250. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

Solution
Hi, so thank you for the response. I was thinking the same thing that I didn't want to get a cheap motherboard with parts like that. I did a little research off of what you said and I found this motherboard, its the Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4. Its just around $200 and reviews are pretty good. Do you think this would be a good match?

Yeah it's a solid motherboard between price and performance. It's highly reviewed, and many have praised it for its excellent power delivery and features.

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
Given that you have a 3900x, you will need a somewhat higher quality motherboard. B550 and X570's only main difference is the generation of PCIexpress. B550 has some PCIE generation 4, and some generation 3 lanes. X570 is all PCIe Generation 4. It comes down to whether or not you feel the need for all gen4, or only some. I would recommend a price threshold, however. Get a motherboard that is over 150 dollars for your 3900x. You really shouldn't pair a low quality motherboard with it.

Reactions: RJ Stalzer
Mar 31, 2020
Given that you have a 3900x, you will need a somewhat higher quality motherboard. B550 and X570's only main difference is the generation of PCIexpress. B550 has some PCIE generation 4, and some generation 3 lanes. X570 is all PCIe Generation 4. It comes down to whether or not you feel the need for all gen4, or only some. I would recommend a price threshold, however. Get a motherboard that is over 150 dollars for your 3900x. You really shouldn't pair a low quality motherboard with it.
Hi, so thank you for the response. I was thinking the same thing that I didn't want to get a cheap motherboard with parts like that. I did a little research off of what you said and I found this motherboard, its the Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4. Its just around $200 and reviews are pretty good. Do you think this would be a good match?

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020

Yeah it's a solid motherboard between price and performance. It's highly reviewed, and many have praised it for its excellent power delivery and features.

Reactions: RJ Stalzer
Solution

TRENDING THREADS