Not sure what sound card I should get...

klunuts

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
or if I even really need one haha. I just got the Altec Lansing VS2521 2.1 speakers for christmas, and i'm using on board audio right now. Idk what exactly the on board is but I know it's only 8-bit.

The sound right now from my speakers is pretty good but it sounds a bit tinny or w/e the word is haha. i'm not sure if that's just the speakers or if it's because I don't have a sound card.

anyone care to help me out? if any other info is needed just let me know. if i do need a sound card, i really don't want to spend more than $50.

Solution
Judging by the Newegg reviews of your motherboard, the onboard audio is pretty good. Make sure your speakers aren't the problem, or an improperly set equalizer in your media program. (you can check the speakers with a good mp3 player)

You can spend $30 to $50 on a decent PCI or PCI-E x1 sound card on Newegg, but unless it really bugs you you're probably not going to see $50 worth of improvement.

klunuts

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
ah sorry haha. well it's for a new build that i'm putting together. i'm gonna have it around the end of jan. or beginning of feb. this is what it's gonna probably be:

CPU
AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.2GHz B.E.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P

Video Card
Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT)

RAM
Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3 1600

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit System Builders

tortnotes

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
Judging by the Newegg reviews of your motherboard, the onboard audio is pretty good. Make sure your speakers aren't the problem, or an improperly set equalizer in your media program. (you can check the speakers with a good mp3 player)

You can spend $30 to $50 on a decent PCI or PCI-E x1 sound card on Newegg, but unless it really bugs you you're probably not going to see $50 worth of improvement.

Solution