Question Not sure what to call it but could this be my problem with FPS (picture included) ?

Aug 7, 2023
I have this chip where are you slot in the gpu those little gold connectors just 1 on each side been cut off a bit had this pc for 2 years.

Been having a lot of stutters across all game when it was never like this till i fresh install win 10.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard (Bios version 1.M0 ( 06/29/2023))
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory x2 (32 gb ram total)
SSD: Intel 660p 1.02 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (OS Installed)
SSD: Samsung 980 1TB 3.0x4 NVME M.2 2280 Solid State Drive
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM
GPU: MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB Video Card
PSU: Corsair RM850x (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX
Chassis: NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower Case
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG321CQR 32" WQHD 1ms 2560 x 1440 Resolution 144Hz Refresh Rate FreeSync Technology Curved
Monitor#2: Samsung 40 inch TV 60hz 1080p

View: https://imgur.com/a/wRnVpoV

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard?

Aug 7, 2023
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard?
Sorry about that i updated the first post with everything including the bios version in that format but i post it here too just incase.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard (Bios version 1.M0 ( 06/29/2023))
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory x2 (32 gb ram total)
SSD: Intel 660p 1.02 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (OS Installed)
SSD: Samsung 980 1TB 3.0x4 NVME M.2 2280 Solid State Drive
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM
PSU: Corsair RM850x (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX
Chassis: NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower Case
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG321CQR 32" WQHD 1ms 2560 x 1440 Resolution 144Hz Refresh Rate FreeSync Technology Curved

Aug 7, 2023
That notch is normal. Years ago it caught my eye as well, that's not an issue.
Been going through this for 4 days now trying to fix this not sure why its doing this.

You expect just wiping the pc clean everything should be fine as long you install all the recommended drivers for mobo.chipset,and gpu but in my case its something very odd.

stutters across all game when it was never like this till i fresh install win 10.
Did you install your chipset drivers.

What games do you play.

Unplug your mouse and plug it into another USB port.

If you play older games go get c++ 2015 redistribution from Microsoft 64bit and 32bit.

As a test turn off windows anti virus, start a game does it lag

Install a ver or 2 older Nvidia driver and test.

Type in your windows search ------msconfig------choose , check" Selective startup " uncheck "Load Start up items". Restart computer any better.

Just remember later you will need to go back to msconfig and choose normal startup and restart.

Install MSIAfterburner so you can manually set fan curve and watch GPU temps.

Get HWMonitor have it running while you are gaming. Read what your system did while gaming after you shut down game.

Open task manager and see where you CPU is at before you game. Is anything taxing it down.

Aug 7, 2023
Did you install your chipset drivers.

What games do you play.

Unplug your mouse and plug it into another USB port.

If you play older games go get c++ 2015 redistribution from Microsoft 64bit and 32bit.

As a test turn off windows anti virus, start a game does it lag

Install a ver or 2 older Nvidia driver and test.

Type in your windows search ------msconfig------choose , check" Selective startup " uncheck "Load Start up items". Restart computer any better.

Just remember later you will need to go back to msconfig and choose normal startup and restart.

Install MSIAfterburner so you can manually set fan curve and watch GPU temps.

Get HWMonitor have it running while you are gaming. Read what your system did while gaming after you shut down game.

Open task manager and see where you CPU is at before you game. Is anything taxing it down.
Yes my chipset drivers is up to date I did everything you told me and they all made no difference sadly F0rtnite and RedDead 2 i type a lot but i can't type it all it gets marked as spam or explict content and its about 95% of what i typed idk why its doing this.

Tried quoting all ur questions and answer each one but it won't let me submit it cause what i said above.

Last edited:
Been having a lot of stutters across all game when it was never like this till i fresh install win 10.
You have two screens connected.

Have only single monitor enabled. Disable the other monitor, before gaming.

Aug 7, 2023
You have two screens connected.

Have only single monitor enabled. Disable the other monitor, before gaming.
I always have both monitors on been doing it for 2 years with this pc.

Samsung tv i use just for multitasking that doesn’t involve running apps.

Msi monitor is my gaming monitor it never had a effect on it.

I always have both monitors on been doing it for 2 years with this pc.
Samsung tv i use just for multitasking that doesn’t involve running apps.
Msi monitor is my gaming monitor it never had a effect on it.
Disconnect TV or disable output to TV.
Check monitor refresh rate. It may reset to 60Hz after disconnecting TV.

Retry your game after that and see, if there's any difference.

Aug 7, 2023
Well guys to give an update i fixed my issue by upgrading my cpu to a ryzen 7 5800x3d (had a ryzen 7 3700x previously) make sure to update your bios to the latest version for your motherboard to be compatible with it just in case.

I notice this thread shows up on google so whoever having this problem this what worked for me good luck.

TRENDING THREADS