Question Not sure where to post but I was playing star citizen and my screen went black, can't display anything

Oct 21, 2022
My set up:
Asus x570 wifi
Evga 3080ti ftw3
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Samsung Evo 970 Evo plus 1tb
Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Corsair RM850x (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

8 fans, 3 intake on the Cooler, 2 more pulling on the other side
3 case exhaust.

Here's a link to the full build

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Zhqjhk

Some things to note:

1. monitor worked fine when i connected hdmi to a laptop and display popped up on the monitor
  2. Disconnected graphics card and connected hdmi to the mobo, still nothing.
  3. Currently RAM RGB has no lights on, usually they stay on even if the comp is asleep.
  4. I can't enter the bios at all, tried f2, backspace, delete, f10,and f12, nothing shows.
  5. CMOS batter removed, ram removed both reinstalled. Still Nothing.

Plz help, computer is less than 3 months old.

Any other info needed let me know. Thx

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
3700X doesn't have integrated gpu, so Step 2 would've still yielded a black screen.
Try the card in another PC. If that's not possible, contact EVGA to get an RMA started.
There were - or maybe still are, IDK - cases of some AIB models blowing a fuse(on the PCB, not in your residence), and then go completely unresponsive.

Oct 21, 2022
3700X doesn't have integrated gpu, so Step 2 would've still yielded a black screen.
Try the card in another PC. If that's not possible, contact EVGA to get an RMA started.
There were - or maybe still are, IDK - cases of some AIB models blowing a fuse(on the PCB, not in your residence), and then go completely unresponsive.

Ill try to contact someone I know out here to test the card out in their PC. Currently I found out about the MoBo lights, the VGA and Boot Lights stay illuminated which makes me think it's a double whammy but man I can't imagine playing a game could have caused that? But who knows. Below is a link to the startup of the PC.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/1dmgYRF

TRENDING THREADS