Question not sure where to post but im looking for some advice from computer people

Feb 4, 2021
just looking for some advice about what I can upgrade on my pc to make it useable for gaming, I'm trying to play ark for context

I have a i5 -2400 cpu @ 3.10ghz
8 gb ram
64 bit
whatever any of that means.. if anyone could explain why my computer is bad for gaming and what I need to upgrade first that would be much appreciated if you need any more details let me know :)

Do you have a graphics card? you didn't mention any, so I assume you are using integrated, which is not good today, and was even worse in 2012, when that pc was current.

ARK is poorly made and runs bad on any computer (I remember in beta it was even worse...) but firstly to run it at all you need atleast a low end/older mid-high end card.
My opinion for super cheap cards is a gtx 970. they go for less than 60$ usually and are still very competent.
This is all assuming you actually don't have a gpu.

Aside from that, ark is more cpu dependent in my experience and your cpu is quite old now, a 4 core 4 thread is just barely enough for useable.
an SSD is also recommended for ark, because they loading screens can cause your game to crash if it doesn't find them fast enough.

I had a similar-ish system back when ark was in beta 5 years ago, and tried running it (i7-870, gtx 580, 4gigs of ram, HDD only.) and only after upgrading to 8 gigs of ram, and an SSD the game even began to work.

Feb 4, 2021
just looking for some advice about what I can upgrade on my pc to make it useable for gaming, I'm trying to play ark for context

8 gb ram
64 bit
whatever any of that means.. if anyone could explain why my computer is bad for gaming and what I need to upgrade first that would be much appreciated if you need any more details let me know :)
Do you have a graphics card? you didn't mention any, so I assume you are using integrated, which is not good today, and was even worse in 2012, when that pc was current.

ARK is poorly made and runs bad on any computer (I remember in beta it was even worse...) but firstly to run it at all you need atleast a low end/older mid-high end card.
My opinion for super cheap cards is a gtx 970. they go for less than 60$ usually and are still very competent.
This is all assuming you actually don't have a gpu.

Aside from that, ark is more cpu dependent in my experience and your cpu is quite old now, a 4 core 4 thread is just barely enough for useable.
an SSD is also recommended for ark, because they loading screens can cause your game to crash if it doesn't find them fast enough.

I had a similar-ish system back when ark was in beta 5 years ago, and tried running it (i7-870, gtx 580, 4gigs of ram, HDD only.) and only after upgrading to 8 gigs of ram, and an SSD the game even began to work.
so I should invest in graphics card and ssd card first or should I scrap this pc and start with a better foundation? also budget is definitly a factor

Feb 4, 2021
8 gb ram
64 bit
whatever any of that means.. if anyone could explain why my computer is bad for gaming and what I need to upgrade first that would be much appreciated..
for some context I'm trying to play ark which my pc clearly doesn't handle.
I would like to know if its actually viable to upgrade this pc as I cant really afford a new one or should I scrap it and save for a better pc to begin with

it says AMD Radeon HD 7500 series that's the graphics card hey?
Yes, though you only sent the series, not specific card.
Anyway, that card is trash.

An ssd is preferable, but not necessary.
Get a new gpu as long as your psu is good enough
now to answer that
I'm not sure how to find what power supply it has?
You need to open the side panel, and take a picture of the label for me.
It should state the power rails, maker and model number.

so I should invest in graphics card and ssd card first or should I scrap this pc and start with a better foundation? also budget is definitly a factor
An SSD and GPU you can carry over to a new build usually, though your choice of said parts might be different if you pick a whole new pc.
That of course is more expensive.

Your platform is very old, but actually still capable enough for mid range 1080p 60fps medium gaming.

If you want to save money, you can still hang on to it for 2 years or so, but for any serious upgrade, it will have to be changed.

Feb 4, 2021
so if i got i ssd and gpu i could keep using this brick for the time being? also could anyone reccomend what ssd and gpu i should buy also a tiny explanation as to what those 2 things do would be greatly appreciated.. sorry for my computing ignorance guys