Question Not sure where to put this as I have not identified whether it is a hardware or software issue. Or maybe even something else.

tdiffee1

Honorable
Sep 18, 2015
Not sure where to put this as I have not identified whether it is a hardware or software issue. Or maybe even something else.

I am having an issue with pages loading very slow or not loading at all. When I'm streaming anything the first bit it will load before reloading (or trying to) is about 30 seconds. Sometimes it even effects YouTube, although it has been better than most pages. This has follow me across three computers and four locations. Sometimes it seems like it is caught in a loop as I have to stop it from loading and reload the page before it will load the page. And it effects all browsers that I have tried: Edge, Firefox, Brave, etc. it happens whether my computer interface is integrated or a card up to 2 GB.

I am an old tech head going back to the late 70s but my networking knowledge is from before wireless came out.

Last edited:
What makes this impossible to even guess is you say it happens on multiple computers in multiple locations. This pretty much eliminated any hardware or software...or even internet issues.

In general what you are describing happens because of packet loss. This is fairly common on a poor wifi signal so testing via ethernet is the best option. Make sure you do not have any proxy or vpn defined in your machine. There are proxy settings in windows itself that might have gotten set.

It could also be DNS. Manually set the dns to something like 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 in the IPv4 settings. While you are in there disable the ipv6 support this also causes all kinds of strange issues similar to what you talk about.

tdiffee1

Honorable
Sep 18, 2015
IKR? I mean, barring some unknown capability of quantum entanglement there should not be any way that this issue should be common to the machines! But I admit that I know far from everything which is why I posted it to the forum. I am not running any VPNs but will look into the concerns that you brought up.

Thanks!