[SOLVED] (Not sure whether this is hardware or software) PC partially freezes often

NFC

Jun 1, 2020
I have a fairly new PC, built just a couple of months ago, before Covid-19. Here are the specs: R5 3600, RTX 2070 Super, 32 gb of OLOy RAM, 650w seasonic focus plus gold, Asus TUF gaming x570-plus wifi, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, Crucial P1 1tb nvme ssd, and my OS is Windows 10. The problem is that my PC freezes ever so often and this has started happening for the past few days. It doesn't completely freeze, I can usually interact with the current app I'm on, but when I switch to other apps I can't interact with them. This "freeze" usually happens for around 10-30 seconds. I can ctrl+alt+delete, but can't interact with that either until the freeze is over. I can also open task manager, and when I do, there's nothing abnormal with the stats/percentages. I can't click icons pinned to taskbar, nor the windows logo. This seems really strange and I'm not sure what or why it's happening. I've run malwarebytes and nothing's turned up. I've also run windows defender and checked for updates and driver updates. If you need more information, please ask. Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution
There are several things you could try before having to reinstall your windows.

First you could try, to remove your RAM Sticks, try 1 by 1. So if you have 4*8gb, try running the system with only 1 at a time and see if you have that problem. Use only 1 Dimm at a time and switch if you have no issues. That way you could detect a ram problem. If all 4 sticks independently work, then try 2 by 2, because we need to discard the possibility of a faulty DIMM SLOT. Its not common but i have seen it.

Also make sure your whole system is dusted out and cleaned. Remember pc temps are very important and can cause LAG in your OS while using it.

Second , where is your Operating System installed?
For example: if you have your OS is...
Jun 1, 2020
There are several things you could try before having to reinstall your windows.

First you could try, to remove your RAM Sticks, try 1 by 1. So if you have 4*8gb, try running the system with only 1 at a time and see if you have that problem. Use only 1 Dimm at a time and switch if you have no issues. That way you could detect a ram problem. If all 4 sticks independently work, then try 2 by 2, because we need to discard the possibility of a faulty DIMM SLOT. Its not common but i have seen it.

Also make sure your whole system is dusted out and cleaned. Remember pc temps are very important and can cause LAG in your OS while using it.

Second , where is your Operating System installed?
For example: if you have your OS is installed on the Seagate, unplug your other drive and see if you still have that problem.
If you dont, it means your other drive is faulty or its having errors and you may have to chkdsk repair.
If the problem persists and the main drive is having issues, i would suggest scanning it with "error checking" under tools and properties. After that you might have to restart the system. If you still have that problem, then you will have to reinstall a fresh windows installation on it. That should fix the issue. If you have the same problem even after your windows installation then your HDD or SDD its the one to blame and you shouldnt be using it.

Hope this helps you. Reply if you still have problems.

Solution