[SOLVED] Not sure which BIOS I have ?

Oct 2, 2021
I am looking to put a Ryzen 7 3700x on my MSI b350m bazooka Board, When I go into my BIOS the only thing I can find for a BIOS version is E7a38AMS.151...can I go to the latest beta on MSI's website or do i have to get my BIOS somewhere else ?
Thank you.

Solution
can I go to the latest beta on MSI's website or do i have to get my BIOS somewhere else?
you should only use a BIOS coming directly from the board manufacturer.
you will find them available for download on the manufacturer's product support page.

you should usually try to stay up to date with the latest version but it being "beta" you may want to use the previous version and just wait until a new final version is released.
can I go to the latest beta on MSI's website or do i have to get my BIOS somewhere else?
you will find them available for download on the manufacturer's product support page.

you should usually try to stay up to date with the latest version but it being "beta" you may want to use the previous version and just wait until a new final version is released.

Solution
Oct 2, 2021

It's an MSI board...the BIOS version wasn't making sense to me...I couldn't find it anywhere on MSI's site...but as long as I get an MSI BIOS update I should be okay right?

I am looking to put a Ryzen 7 3700x on my MSI b350m bazooka Board, When I go into my BIOS the only thing I can find for a BIOS version is E7a38AMS.151...can I go to the latest beta on MSI's website or do i have to get my BIOS somewhere elese.
Thank you.
I don't think I would go to the beta version.
One level under that should be fine.
You might want to get the latest chipset driver first and test before the bios upgrade.

If that all test good with the current cpu then swap the cpu.

the BIOS version wasn't making sense to me...I couldn't find it anywhere on MSI's site...but as long as I get an MSI BIOS update I should be okay right?
version labels can be any alphanumeric sequence.
the naming scheme doesn't always make sense to the end user.
and the version included with the original product release will usually not be available for download because all of the boards already came with at least that version already supplied.

but no, you can't just use any BIOS update from MSI.
the BIOS will be specifically designed for this board.

you will have to go to your specific motherboard's product page.
on the "Support" tab there will be download options for drivers, utilities, and BIOS.