[SOLVED] Not sure which dumb move screwed up my pc.

Jan 6, 2019
Not sure exactly what I messed up in my PC, but I'm getting regular BSODs and the occasional boot error. Here's a rundown:

Received new case fans, and some thermal paste to reapply.

Installed the case fans, removed the cpu fan and wiped it and the cpu down with alcohol, removed the cpu to get a little thermal paste off the side and found a bit in the pins. Removed it, but slightly bent some pins and then slightly further bent one in trying to fix them. I ended up fixing them at least visually and it drops right in.

The heatsink for my cpu is notoriously hard to screw in. Every time I've had to put it in, I've had to be a bit forceful because of the spring loaded screws. Every review I've seen for this cpu mentions the stock fan is good but hard to install.

At one point (possibly twice) my clumsy ass dropped a full metal screwdriver onto the motherboard. This has happened to me before with no real issues, but this time the entire screwdriver is metalic.

Some of the BSODs have mentioned errors that google results seem to suggest memory-related problems. I've reseated everything, cleared cmos twice. I have a new CPU coming today. What are the chances its actually the motherboard, or both?

Bonus info: I can't run Parkitect because errors run through "Failed <default resolution>, trying lower." about 5 times then "Could not load any resolution". I hope its not my new GPU but I doubt it would be. It boots up fine, but will randomly give me BSODs and its been focusing on the same 4 or 5. Bad_pool_header and memory_management are the most common and I can't remember the others right now.

Solution
I think i had a similar problem with my last PC, i got it working again, but i had to run memory test to find out which ram stick was having errors. And once i did i had to buy new ram to replace the stick. This is a link on how to check your memory for errors https://www.cnet.com/how-to/test-your-ram-with-windows-memory-diagnostic-tool/ . I didn't use this method but since its built into windows, it seems easier to use. if the test comes back with errors on your memory you will need to replace the stick. I recommend having just 1 stick in your pc at a time to make it run faster and to make sure you take out the correct stick. If you dont comeback with any problems and want to be for sure about it not being a ram related issue...
Jan 6, 2019
I just installed a new cpu. I thought it was fine but now it's crashing again with similar errors.. Memory_management and system thread exception not handled. Please help. :(

Feb 18, 2019
I think i had a similar problem with my last PC, i got it working again, but i had to run memory test to find out which ram stick was having errors. And once i did i had to buy new ram to replace the stick. This is a link on how to check your memory for errors https://www.cnet.com/how-to/test-your-ram-with-windows-memory-diagnostic-tool/ . I didn't use this method but since its built into windows, it seems easier to use. if the test comes back with errors on your memory you will need to replace the stick. I recommend having just 1 stick in your pc at a time to make it run faster and to make sure you take out the correct stick. If you dont comeback with any problems and want to be for sure about it not being a ram related issue, use memtest86. I believe you still just download it to a flash drive and boot up your pc from the flash drive and it will run, you may want to look up a tutorial however just to be sure. I hope you figure it out.

Solution