[SOLVED] Not sure which to urgrade?!

msziegler83

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
So I have a ryzen 7 1700x with corsair Vengeance RGB ram (2 x 8gb) and a asus strix gtx 1060 6gb. I have around $400 saved up and not sure what to urgrade next. I mostly multi-task (triple monitor setup) and do some light gaming. Minecraft, Fallout 4, Borderlands series. Any suggestions would be great.

Solution
Keep it as is if you're ok with it. It seems sufficient for your needs for now. Continue saving or spend the money elsewhere. You'll want to have about $600-$1000 saved up so you can upgrade it later when you need to. Good thing is you rarely need to replace every part at any given time but prices can fluctuate and something can come out that will make your PC suddenly feel old overnight. You'll want that money saved.
I think the CPU and memory are both pretty sufficient for most programs.
Are you running on an SSD? If not....I would definitely get one.
Also.....with that CPU you can up the GPU a lot....but being you do "light gaming".....I'm not sure if that's the direction you want to go. Is it?

msziegler83

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
2666mhz ram, 650w psu, OS is on a 256gb m.2, 500gb ssd for games, 1tb for storage, 2tb for media. Asus prime x370 pro MOBO. Not sure if there is a particular place that is lacking. Gaming is a little jumpy at times (stutters) for a few seconds and then levels out). Just not sure if there is a bottle neck and if so where it would be. I know that ryzen can be a little picky about ram.

Last edited:
Keep it as is if you're ok with it. It seems sufficient for your needs for now. Continue saving or spend the money elsewhere. You'll want to have about $600-$1000 saved up so you can upgrade it later when you need to. Good thing is you rarely need to replace every part at any given time but prices can fluctuate and something can come out that will make your PC suddenly feel old overnight. You'll want that money saved.

Reactions: msziegler83
Solution

TRENDING THREADS