[SOLVED] Not sure why my computer shuts down while gaming....

Mar 22, 2019
Hello there. I'm not entirely sure where to ask this question but I am desperate as I don't talk to people that know about computer parts and what not. But I'm somewhat of a noob when it comes to computers stuff since I just recently got into it all. But maybe a year ago, I built my own pc with buying all my parts and just following a guide on how to put one together as a guide. The parts of my pc are

Ryzen 2600x
Asus prime x370-a
Evga 600w bronze
Ssd 240 gb (x2)
WD 1tb hard drive
16gb corsair vengeance
Gtx 1050 ti
15in led strip

And that is everything! I have not had a single problem with anything on this computer. I have updated the bios as soon as I got the computer up and running and installed the latest drivers. But recently I purchased a rx 580. Everything was going smoothly until I started to game. I noticed that whenever I would game for a bit, especially on more gpu intensive games, my computer would shut down all of a sudden. I wasn't sure what the cause could be so I used msi afterburner to see if maybe the gpu was overheating was my first thought. The fans were working completely fine. Kept it around 70 when gaming. Keep in mind that I never had this issues before with the gtx 1050 ti so I knew it had to be the gpu. And I did also uninstall the drivers for the 1050 ti and installed Radeon drivers. But it kept shutting down while gaming. Only when gaming though. Nothing else. Ran completely fine and around 50 degrees when just browsing or listening to music. My next thought was that it could maybe be my power supply. I don't know what or how to measure the gpu power usage in real time but I know the difference between the 1050 ti and the rx 580 was that the 580 needed the 8 pin connected to it for power and the 1050 ti did not need a extra cable for power. As of right now, I have just reinstalled the 1050 ti as I didAny ideas would be much appreciated.

Solution
it's certainly a power supply issue. 600W should be enough, unless you have some RX580 overclocked version which draws more power. I would try to RMA first. If you are refused, than you need a new 700W power supply to work with that 580
it's certainly a power supply issue. 600W should be enough, unless you have some RX580 overclocked version which draws more power. I would try to RMA first. If you are refused, than you need a new 700W power supply to work with that 580

Solution
Mar 22, 2019
Hey man,

Im almost sure that it is the powersupply, however can u stress test the gpu:

https://geeks3d.com/furmark/

firestrike is also great if you have got that.
I did do a coue stress tests using firestrike. And it was fine while it stressed tested. It only really happened when I was gaming and after about fifteen or more minutes of gaming. I felt pretty confident it was the power supply but I also don't really know exactly what I was doing so I wanted to get a second opinion lol. Which I highly appreciate!

Mar 22, 2019
I do have the msi armor oc 8gb rx 580. I know on the requirements for it, it said 500 watts. And since I had 600, I figured I should be fine. But I haven't overclocked my cpu.... Yet.... But what does RMA mean? I'm new to all this so I am still learning lol

I do have the msi armor oc 8gb rx 580. I know on the requirements for it, it said 500 watts. And since I had 600, I figured I should be fine. But I haven't overclocked my cpu.... Yet.... But what does RMA mean? I'm new to all this so I am still learning lol

RMA means return goods to the seller as faulty.

A return merchandise authorization (RMA), return authorization (RA) or return goods authorization (RGA) is a part of the process of returning a product to receive a refund, replacement, or repair during the product's warranty period.

Mar 22, 2019
RMA means return goods to the seller as faulty.

A return merchandise authorization (RMA), return authorization (RA) or return goods authorization (RGA) is a part of the process of returning a product to receive a refund, replacement, or repair during the product's warranty period.
Ohhhhhh okay I see. Return the power supply or the gpu? You think the power supply could be potentially faulty?