Pc:
Intel i5 2500k
GA-z68X-ud3h-b3 motherboard w/hdmi out, optical out
No graphics card, but Im using onboard Intel HD graphics 3000
Sata hard drive
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 ultimate

Tv:
Samsung LN40c610 (pc connected to tv's own hdmi slot.

Audio supplied via optial toslink cable connected to a/v reciever

Now initially I wasnt getting very good quality, until I switched the name of the HDMI input on my tv to "PC". After that it looked great, but still not as good as I expected to get from an HDMI cable connection, and intel "HD" graphics. I tried watching a bluray movie , which still looked decent but, nothing as good as I'd get from my actual Samsung bluray player. (somewhat understandable I suppose, I felt I just wasnt getting as much depth and clarity as I should be getting on the pc.)

Before this computer I had a Acer computer with an e2180 processor 2gb of ram and a motherboard that only had vga for output, integrated radeon 7030 graphics plus vista home. When I connected it to the same tv with vga it looked exactly the same as the new computer connected via hdmi. Both looked decent (ex. clean edges of pictures and stuff.)

Why is this, and what can I do to make my picture better on my new pc. I cannot fathom why a computer with a very good processor and hd graphics connected via hdmi, can look just as good as a old crappy computer connected via vga cable.

The other thing that may help is that in my tv settings, most of the picture options arent accessible, where as if I change in input name, as described above, back to HDMI, then all those picture options become available again. I can adjust the scanning so it isnt as stretched, but the text and picture is still blurry.

One more thing- my tv is 120hz, but when I try to change it to 120hz in the intel graphics control panel, it says it exceeds its bandwidth and only works if I set it to 120interlaced.

When I try to play a .m2ts file, the 120hz smooth image/ soap opera effect works but the picture is crap compared to my blu ray player.

What should I do?

Thanks for your help.

Don't...
Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
Make sure your resolution and refresh rate is set at:

1920 x 1080p 60.000 Hz, which is specified in your manual. 120Hz will not work well with a PC.

I was having a lot of issues with my 40XBR6, and i ended up going into the control panel, and shutting off edge enhancement settings on the tv, and dropping sharpness down. My TV still does funny things when using Hardware accelerated flash videos. It ends up haloing edges and such. I was able to fix some of this in my Nvidia control panel, shutting of dynamic contrast.