[SOLVED] Not well known 240mm AIO watercooler or Well known Brand 120mm

Jun 24, 2019
should i buy Segotep AIO 240mm or Branded but budget 120mm AIO like Corsair h60 or h45. ps. i only have about 50 dollars in my pocket so i cant buy AIOs higher than that

Solution
I know they are mostly similar. I've just found Segotep to not have good quality on just about MOST of their products, which makes it hard for me to say yes to anything made by them. Given an ultimatum, I guess I'd choose the H60 over that, because at least I know the quality is ok, but both are poor choices for that setup unless the Segotep unit is better quality than I believe it to be.
Jun 24, 2019
i7 3770. it reaches 82 degrees with gammaxx 400 so i want to change to watercooler, and my air cooler is to big for my motherboard, the cooler is touching with my VGA. i dont need higher quality air cooler, i want to change to watercooler. i just need suggestion of which watercooler should i buy. My Motherboard is Micro ATX

ID cooling makes some ok cooling solutions, Tom's hardware has had some rather good things to say about their coolers in general AND they are generally available throughout Asia and are very reasonably priced compared to most other big name brands.

I too would vote for neither of the original ideas. The H60 is probably not big enough for that CPU, especially if you live in a region with high ambient temperatures, and the Segotep is a pile of junk.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
ID cooling makes some ok cooling solutions, Tom's hardware has had some rather good things to say about their coolers in general AND they are generally available throughout Asia and are very reasonably priced compared to most other big name brands.

I too would vote for neither of the original ideas. The H60 is probably not big enough for that CPU, especially if you live in a region with high ambient temperatures, and the Segotep is a pile of junk.

I am actually finishing a review on the Castle 240 Pro. Yeah, they make decent AIOs and usually cater more towards the RGB/aesthetics crowd than the performance crowd. Either way, an AIO is an AIO is an AIO...nearly all of them are the same...and I've seen a lot of them.

I know they are mostly similar. I've just found Segotep to not have good quality on just about MOST of their products, which makes it hard for me to say yes to anything made by them. Given an ultimatum, I guess I'd choose the H60 over that, because at least I know the quality is ok, but both are poor choices for that setup unless the Segotep unit is better quality than I believe it to be.

Solution
Segotep is a Chinese market brand, found mostly only in Asian and some European markets. They are about like the Raidmax compared to Corsair when gauging western market brands in my experience, which admittedly is not very extensive when it comes to actually using their products. That is simply from dealing with their hardware when helping overseas members.