sdhaku

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Is there any chance someone could please help me? I'm trying to install a ASUS Essence STX II 24-Bit 192KHz Sound Card + 7.1 daughter card using UNi Xonar Driver 11.5 v1.80b r3. The card will be used to output to a set of Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers using RCA to 3.5mm for 3 channels (1. front 2. rear 3. sub/center). I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and have a GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 1). The issue I'm having is I can only get audio if I crank the system volume as well as my Logitech speakers to the max. Even then it's quite low and bad quality. I've done everything from changing PCI slots to uninstall and reinstalling hardware as well as the drivers. Could anyone please shed some light on solving this?

Ralston18

Titan
Question: Did you download the UNi Xonar drivers via ASUS's website?

I would expect that you would have installed the Windows 7 64 bit drivers for the ASUS Essence STX audio card.

Why were the UNi Xonar driver used?

Just how (slots) are the audio cards installed?

sdhaku

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Question: Did you download the UNi Xonar drivers via ASUS's website?

I would expect that you would have installed the Windows 7 64 bit drivers for the ASUS Essence STX audio card.

Why were the UNi Xonar driver used?

Just how (slots) are the audio cards installed?
The person I got the card from recommended to use the community made drivers as the Asus one is abandonware and do not work. Regardless I did try both but with no success.

Everything seems to be functional on the system (card is recognized, I can see audio level movement) and on the speaker side I know the speakers work because I used them with my system prior to trying out the card. So there has to be something happening from A to B is my guess or maybe some setting in the software is incorrect.

Ralston18

Titan
Right click the small speaker icon normally located in the lower right screen corner.

A list of menu choices should appear with each menu choice leading to any number of windows, tabs, and properties.

Work your way through all of them to identify any available configuration settings and the current value/choice for each setting.

No need to make immediate changes. Just look first and make notes regarding any settings that are not as you would expect or simply not understood.

What audio devices are listed in Task Manager? (Be sure that "Show hidden devices" is checked via the View options.)

sdhaku

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks for your help. I was troubleshooting this for a couple days and have just given up. My system is really packed and my guess is it's just interference with all the other stuff inside my case. I'm just going to return the card unfortunately.