Question # not working on windows 10 (UK Keyboard) but works in safe mode?

Trustdesa

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2013
Hi Guys,

I was coding something now for work (do not code regularly so I just realize it and do not know when that happened), I cannot use the hashtag on my system, even if I use the on screen keyboard, I tried to boot in safemode and it works as expected.

Checked ant tried:
Language of keyboard and system is English UK
Keyboard isn't set to "Extended" but anyway tried that too
Tried to switch to USA then back to UK
Disabled all my background software such as VPN, Nvidia Experience and some other app running.
Timezone si set correct and so seems all language stuff

Useful info:
For some reason if I press ALTGR + (the key where hashtag is on UK keyboard I get the \ as far as I know that is for extended keyboad but again it is not set as extended, anything else works fine. I can make the following symbols if I use ALT GR with letters éúíóá not other symbols can be made using ALT GR and keys, in case this helps some keyboard wizard!

I am really puzzled as everything else works fine, would avoid to format really although nowadays it does not take that long with most stuff on other drive than C: but still... plus is a matter of principle as it works in safe mode, also I have a Surface and tried on that one and works too, surface is updated to same version as my main PC (if I recall correctly).

Any ideas guys?

Trustdesa

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2013
Sorry guys didn't get notification, eventually I did a clean install it took me 30 minutes to put it back to working state with all working as I have several drives :)

I really couldn't work it out, never change any settings, and it did not work with on screen keyboards, probably some windows update messed it up....