[SOLVED] Not your Average Rookie ;)

DerBear

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Hey ! So I did my first Pc build when I was 14 thanks to this form , got out of the pc game for to long and am finally returning! My friends have donated me a few parts to get me started and let me upgrade as I Go, my Question are Suggestions For the parts to accompany my Frankenstein Build .Im on a pretty tight budget and not planning on using it a ton but maybe a few nights a week to game with the boys and upgrade later as I need too . The current parts I have are a Asus B150 Plus MB, Brand new 1050ti and a case , and will be needing everything else , for HD I’m going trusty WD and a smaller Ssd for Os, I need a power supply, Cpu , cooler , Ram and Os and I think I’m set but posting here because I’m out just hoping in and was a Rook to begin with ! Thank you Bros

Solution
if you only have a 1050 ti, get an i5 6600 or 7600, no need for a K model, that chipset cant overclock.
as for a powersupply, there are tons of options
a modular, respected 450w power supply will be good.
cx450m is a good choice, but there are better options (go look at a power supply tier list)

as for a cooler, if your cpu is in box, use the included cooler, if not, any decent cooler will be good. a hyper 212 evo is probably a good bet (cheap, almost always on sale and is reliable. its been the best selling cooler for 5 years for a reason)
get 8 or 16 gigs of ram depending on your needs.

os..
linux gang
if you only have a 1050 ti, get an i5 6600 or 7600, no need for a K model, that chipset cant overclock.
as for a powersupply, there are tons of options
a modular, respected 450w power supply will be good.
cx450m is a good choice, but there are better options (go look at a power supply tier list)

as for a cooler, if your cpu is in box, use the included cooler, if not, any decent cooler will be good. a hyper 212 evo is probably a good bet (cheap, almost always on sale and is reliable. its been the best selling cooler for 5 years for a reason)
get 8 or 16 gigs of ram depending on your needs.

os..
linux gang

Solution