[SOLVED] Notebook Empty SSD slot (SATA to motherboard) flex cable (ASUS Vivobook S530)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambleach

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
Hi all, I have an ASUS Vivobook S530 UF. It comes with a 256 GB Sata M2 SSD and an empty 2.5 inch SSD slot. I have bought a 1 TB SSD 2.5 inch from Sandisk. It does not come with and rubber spacer or caddy. I urgently need a flex cable SATA adapter which will enable me to connect the SSD with the motherboard. Please help.
Kindly also tell me if these cables are different for different models and companies or they are standardized?
Regards,
rambleach

Solution
Hi all, I have an ASUS Vivobook S530 UF. It comes with a 256 GB Sata M2 SSD and an empty 2.5 inch SSD slot. I have bought a 1 TB SSD 2.5 inch from Sandisk. It does not come with and rubber spacer or caddy. I urgently need a flex cable SATA adapter which will enable me to connect the SSD with the motherboard. Please help.
Kindly also tell me if these cables are different for different models and companies or they are standardized?
Regards,
rambleach
You'll need to contact the manufacturer about the extra parts since the cables are proprietary. They are designed specifically for any twists and turns between the motherboard connection point and drive bay.
Regards,
rambleach
You'll need to contact the manufacturer about the extra parts since the cables are proprietary. They are designed specifically for any twists and turns between the motherboard connection point and drive bay.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.