[SOLVED] Notebook FX 9800p are this temps normal?

May 23, 2020
On the past months i've been noticing that the cpu clock it's going down to 1.38Ghz so i did a research on Google and i found that it's because the AMD driver it's protecting the CPU from high temps, a solution provided was to disable the auto start of that driver but when i do that it sits on idle at ~70C when i just turn the computer on at room temperature, the boost clock is 3.60Ghz but it doesn't go up like.. never, just on the start and with the driver on automatic
Is there something to do? or is it maybe a hardware problem?
Edit: Is winter so isn't very warm
This capture is on idle at start with the driver off.
Anotaci-n-2020-05-23-163339.jpg

After a while, unplugging and plugging the charger back in this happened, with the driver in automatic, the throttle seemed to stop and the temps went up like crazy, just on idle again.. what could be? is this normal?
Anotaci-n-2020-05-23-200544.jpg

Last edited:
May 23, 2020
That is not good. There is something wrong with the cooling and looks like your thermal throttling.

What are your specs? Have you cleaned your system? Reapplying thermal paste will most likely solve your problem.

Specs:
AMD 9800P Bristol Ridge 7Th gen
8Gb RAM Hynix
SSD Kingston A400 480Gb

It's an HP notebook

I've cleaned it when I installed the SSD (Past year), so it might be the thermal paste, right now i'm not able to change it but as soon as a i have the chance i will try

Thanks for the response!