notebook pc manufacturers

Mustafa

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004

Could someone please list the following notebook pc's in their order of
best vs. worst, could really use the help thanks in advance.

Acer
HP Compaq
Dell
Fujitsu-Siemens
IBM
Sony
Toshiba

Also is Intel's HT technology all that it's hyped up to be, or is it
just a gimmick?

tool

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004

I build my own computers, so I'll stay out of the listing due to
misleading oppinionated ordering :lol:

However, I have an intel HT processor and I think HT rocks, its great
for multitasking especially. I can tell you, things run smoother when
I have alot open, other then that I don't really know what to tell
you to sell you on it, but I find it beneficial.

==============

jk

Do a Google search of the web on disable hyperthreading. See
the large number of results you get. If hyperthreading is so
great, then why do so many people want to disable it? Forget
about hyperthreading and older technology 32 bit processors,
and get a notebook with a 64 bit processor instead.

Tool wrote:

> I build my own computers, so I'll stay out of the listing due to
> misleading oppinionated ordering :lol:
>
> However, I have an intel HT processor and I think HT rocks, its great
> for multitasking especially. I can tell you, things run smoother when
> I have alot open, other then that I don't really know what to tell
> you to sell you on it, but I find it beneficial.

> Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.

TRENDING THREADS