Notebook restarting before windows loads!

Jords

Reputable
Mar 10, 2015
I do know a bit about computers as its what I do in college but I have a problem I cannot fix,

I have this notebook which at first was really, REALLY slow, Constant freezing, Did all sorts of scans and came up with clean so I did a fresh install, The computer is one that comes with windows 7 starter preloaded,

It kept freezing so I had to keep restarting, And it froze once more and I restarted it and Now when I boot it gives me two options, Windows repair which just stays on a black screen and does nothing or Start windows normally which Just starts the restart cycle, Dont even have chance to log in, Go into advanced, All the safe modes wont work, It'll do exactly the same as loading windows normally,

Any advice on what can be done now? I am clueless

Solution
This article gives you some more information on how to resolve the endless reboot issue and may help you out.
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-7-infinite-reboot-loop/

Jords

Reputable
Mar 10, 2015
Hey,

That website although useful I'm afraid It was no use,

I have 3x bootable USB sticks (Need them for college) One with windows 7, Another with windows 8 and another with Linux,

I tried the Windows 8 but it would not even recognize it, I know it is fully working though as it works on other PC's, This netbook does not even meet minimum specs anyways,

I also tried the Windows 7, I chose to install it and It took forever, I left it on overnight and still said starting setup, Also I tried the repair option and all I get is the windows background with the cursor, Nothing else and I have also left it like this for a few hours, Nothing,

Finally I tried Linux, I successfully got it working although not yet fully installed it, I installed software which could manage partions on the HDD,

Anyway, I'm wondering if I deleted the partition containing windows 7, How could I get it back as windows 7 was pre-installed?

Also how Do I know which partition windows 7 is on?

Dee Kay

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
Finish installing linux and then save any important files or programs to another media. Normally finding the hidden restore partition and setting it as active will allow you to do a factory reset. Check your manufacturers site to see if they have any specific instructions on how to do it seeing as you are having so many issues trying to get it to take. Once you save your data check to see if your HDD may be failing. I'm not familiar with the correct syntax in linux to run checkdisk but it should be fairly easy to find how to do it. You want to make sure your HDD is not going bad.

Jords

Reputable
Mar 10, 2015
Hey,

Ok so I decided to shred the HDD and I got a Windows 7 Installation file which worked, and made it bootable on USB, I just formatted all the partions, Re-installed the whole OS, But now I am missing Ethernet controller and Network controller drivers, I have downloaded all the correct drivers, Directed the device manager to look on USB, Even the exact folder and It wont pick it up,

I downloaded from Manufacturers website, Extracted the file into USB and nothing, I also googled the hardware IDs which is

PCI/VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_E042105B&REV_01

And Downloaded the correct one, Still nothing.

Any advice on what to do now as I cant get it onto the internet

Dee Kay

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
Did you install the chipset drivers? Many boards require the chipset to be updated to be able to recognize the LAN drivers. Once you install the chipset, install the LAN drivers and reboot. That should allow your system to recognize that you now have a device attached. On one system I had to place the chipset on the desktop to install it because it wouldn't let me expand from USB. Try that and see what shows up.