Question Notebook temp limit

Jan 3, 2019
Hello,
I have a problem. I have a laptop (asus X540L). The performance out right sucks and I wanted to kniw if its normal to be this bad or not. And I found results sometimes 3x better than my laptop. So I played one game of cs:go and noticed something wierd. Cpu usage was about 50% and gpu usage was at 30%. So I checked temps and they never crossed 60 degrees celsius. The wattage was also wierd. It stayed at 8W instead of 15, but that isn’t that big of a problem ( or at least I hope). But the temps are very wierd. The laptop remains near silent wven under heavy load. I think that there is a temperature limit, so is there a way to remove it? I have i3 4005u and gt 920m, 8gb ram. Cpu is unparked. Please help

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
There is usually a pre-default temperature limit in all computers and laptops, you can look in the BIOS and see if there are any option to change the max temperature of the CPU.

Make sure that you are running windows at 'high performance' in the battery settings in control panel in order to take advantage of all of your CPU and GPU power.

Jan 3, 2019

TRENDING THREADS