[SOLVED] Nothing displaying on monitor

Sep 4, 2019
Hey all, a couple of days ago I was playing a game and my monitor went black and my computer seemed to restart. Since then, I can't get anything to display on the monitor from the computer but I was able to from a laptop. I have and orange light showing most of the time but it will show "HDMI-1 No Signal" from time to time as well. I have a 1050 Ti graphics card, Asrock mobo, 8 GB RAM (1 stick), 700W PSU, and an Intel G4560 CPU. I took out the GPU and plugged the HDMI cable directly into the mobo but still nothing. I took out the RAM and put it back in and then went and bought a new mobo but the problem persists. Today I'm going to try another PSU, new RAM, and a new CPU. I'm just not sure what it could be since the monitor seems to be working properly when hooked up to a laptop.

Solution
From what you've tried, I would guess PSU? My first thought was GPU, but if onboard doesn't work either, and you already tried a different mobo, PSU is left. Possibly cpu or ram, but PSU is a more common point of failure if everything was working properly before.

Remeca

Reputable
From what you've tried, I would guess PSU? My first thought was GPU, but if onboard doesn't work either, and you already tried a different mobo, PSU is left. Possibly cpu or ram, but PSU is a more common point of failure if everything was working properly before.

Solution