[SOLVED] Nothing displays on monitor. All lights on and fans spinning

TheAssassin3028

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
So I have an old pc laying around that hadn’t been used for a while and wanted to give to a friend in need of a pc. I booted it up and it worked but I wanted to put an SSD in it. So I bought a new SSD and I bought a new case. I moved everything into the new case and booted it up and everything was working fine. I booted through a USB to install windows on to the new SSD. After I installed windows I was at the first time setup for Windows like signing into Microsoft, setting up a password for the pc etc. Then out of nowhere and screen just went black. I waited for like 10 minutes to see is anything happened before shutting it down. After I tried rebooting and the screen is just black and I can’t even get into the bios and keyboard and mouse aren’t detected anymore. Any ideas what it could be?
CPU - FX 6300
MB - Msi 970 gaming
GPU - MSI R9 280
PSU - EVGA 500w
Adata SSD

Solution
Okay so I tried resetting CMOS and I got to a screen that said all setting had been reset etc. I continued and it starting booting and took me to the Windows setup since I never finished it in the first place. And again the same thing happened. Mid way through the setup screen went black again and I can’t reach the bios anymore after rebooting.

Try resetting the CMOS again and try the other option. Try and get into the advanced troubleshooting page on Windows

Mohan_27

Reputable
Jun 2, 2017
Hey,

If the processor supports integrated graphics, plug the monitor into the motherboard instead of the GPU. Make sure ALL storage devices including USB sticks are unplugged except the SSD.

If you can't reach the BIOS, try resetting CMOS.
If resetting the CMOS works, you should be able to access safe mode.

TheAssassin3028

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Hey,

If the processor supports integrated graphics, plug the monitor into the motherboard instead of the GPU. Make sure ALL storage devices including USB sticks are unplugged except the SSD.

If you can't reach the BIOS, try resetting CMOS.
If resetting the CMOS works, you should be able to access safe mode.
Okay so I tried resetting CMOS and I got to a screen that said all setting had been reset etc. I continued and it starting booting and took me to the Windows setup since I never finished it in the first place. And again the same thing happened. Mid way through the setup screen went black again and I can’t reach the bios anymore after rebooting.

Mohan_27

Reputable
Jun 2, 2017

Try resetting the CMOS again and try the other option. Try and get into the advanced troubleshooting page on Windows

Solution