Nothing happens when CPU-Power-Cable (2x4Pin) is connected

Jun 20, 2018
As said above, my system (Ryzen 2700X, MSI X470 Gaming Pro, 500W bequiet! PSU) won't power on at all.
When the 2x4Pin for CPU-Power is not connected, everything turns on regardless of whether or not the CPU is in the socket.
It's the same PSU that's powering my old (and now in-use) system and there everything works just fine.

My guess is that maybe the Motherboard is having issues with the connection?

Jun 20, 2018

As I mentioned, whether the CPU is in it's socket or not doesn't matter.
Regardless, I have checked for bent pins but haven't found any.

Jun 20, 2018

There are EZ debug leds, however, these don't turn on when the power connector is plugged in and when it's not and the mainboard does turn on they indicate an error with the CPU (which of course isn't getting any power and is therefore not booting).

Full System Specs:
Mainboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro
CPU: Ryzen 2700X
GPU: AMD RX480 (not plugged in for testing purposes)
PSU: bequiet! 500W (forgot the exact model and can't look it up right now)
Additionally I'm using 1 SSD, 1 HDD and 1 AIO cooler for the CPU (which wasn't plugged in either because I suspected the PSU to be too weak)

Not saying you haven't done your due diligence but more so confirming on my part-you have connected everything, including cpu+cooler (cooler fan+pump connected to the appropriate slots), Ram properly seated (and compatible I'm guessing), GPU properly seated and power connectors in and the system does not show any signs of life. Have you tried building your rig outside your pc case to rule out the chance of a short? Apologies if it feels you're repeating yourself I am just trying to be thorough.

Jun 20, 2018

Don't worry about it, better safe than sorry ;)
Yes, I have connected everything properly (RAM has leds nexts to the slots and both lit up - GPU the same - cooler and pump both turned on when CPU-Power wasn't connected). But not even a single fan moves when CPU-Power is connected (including PSU-fan).

I read online that this specific mainboard might be needing the 8-Pin and the 4-Pin Connection in order to work properly. However almost every other source says that only 8-Pin (or 4+4-Pin) is enough...
Could that be an issue with my PSU?

Edit: And yes, I have trid buildung the system outside of my case. That gave the same result though...

To be honest I haven't dealt with motherboards that have multiple cpu power connectors but I'd wager the 4+4 (8 pin) is needed with the extra 4 pin being optional for additional OC headroom.
I'm all out of ideas. Since we're clasping at straws at this point is the CMOS battery in properly? Do you have a spare you can try out?

Jun 20, 2018

I'll just try to power it using another PSU and see what that'll do.
But since I just bought it this weekend I will return it and have them send another mainboard my way..
Just wanted to try and get it to work beforehand...