Question Nothing happens when I press the power button on my PC ?

Nando Juarez

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2014
I have an odd one here.

I've had this PC I built a few years ago and haven't had any issues. I come home to see that my computer isn't turning on; nothing on the motherboard, but only a light on the GPU. Pressing the power button doesn't do anything either. So I bought a new motherboard and the lights are showing on the motherboard, but nothing happens when I press the power button. I'm thinking the button on my case shorted, so I used another case I had from a previous build to test it, but nothing happens. Literally no response from the fans, no other rgb lights going off, nothing. I will list my specs along with the replacement ones:

Mobo: MSI X570 Gaming Edge WiFi (replaced with Asus TUF X570-plus wifi)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core
PSU: CORSAIR CX 750
GPU: Asus GTX 1660TI (Not plugged into the new mobo for testing)
RAM: 2x16G Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4

Lutfij

Titan
Happy New Year!

I'm thinking the button on my case shorted, so I used another case I had from a previous build to test it, but nothing happens.
Does the motherboard work when breadboarded?

PSU: CORSAIR CX 750
Which one from these two units;
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/CX-SERIES/p/CP-9020015-NA
do you own and how old is the unit in question?

Asus TUF X570-plus wifi
According to your motherboard's specs list, you should be able to flash your BIOS for the motherboard with the latest BIOS version using the CrashFree BIOS 3 option, listed in your motherboard manual, page 3-22, section 3.11.3. See if that revives your platform, in case your BIOS was corrupted.

You could also take your processor over to a known working motherboard/system and see if the same issue crops up on said donor system.