[SOLVED] Nothing in pc will turn on but GPU light

Feb 3, 2019
Hi, I have run into an issue when I tried to upgrade my pc. My old specs were

asrock a320 hdv motherboard

gtx 1060 3gb

ryzen 1200

450 rosewill psu

when I tried to upgrade to a ryzen 7 1700 and a gtx 1070 nothing turned on but the gpu light. I updated the bios to the most current version just before upgrading and everything was working normal but when I switched out the cpu and gpu literally nothing turned on but the small light on the back of the gpu.

The worst part is when I put my old parts back into the pc to see if it worked the same thing happened, nothing turned on.

I already know it has nothing to do with my memory or storage because those were working before and I didnt switch anything out when upgrading.

Any ideas to what could have happened or how to fix?

It could be the motherboard, if power supply working. Try testing with only CPU and CPU cooler installed, both 24 and 8 pin power cables connected. No other wires, or components. Start the board by shorting the 2 pins corresponding to the power button.

It could be the motherboard, if power supply working. Try testing with only CPU and CPU cooler installed, both 24 and 8 pin power cables connected. No other wires, or components. Start the board by shorting the 2 pins corresponding to the power button.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS