Nothing, not even boot, displays on newly built system

Apr 12, 2018
Hello

I decided to build a new PC. First time doing it on my own, and clearly I screwed up something, trouble is I don't know why or how to find out what's wrong.

I got a new case, new MB, new CPU, new GPU, new RAM, new power supply.
ASRock B360 Pro4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel B360 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard 1
Power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3
Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 Coffee Lake 6-Core 2.8 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo)
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0
Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow el ATX Full Tower Computer Case

The plan was to transfer my SSD with win10 OS on it (free upgrade from Win7 a while back). Maybe that's were things went wrong.

On the old PC, I plugged the new GPU, installed the latest drivers, and everything is working great so I know the GPU is fine.

On the new PC however, when I turn it on nothing comes on. Everything seems to be powered just fine, but my screen says "check display cable". I don't even get the boot menu. There is no alarms, no beeps, no sound, just... nothing.

If it was an issue with moving the SSD with the OS to a new MB, would I at least still get to see the boot menu?

If I screwed up the CPU install, would I get an alarm or a beep from the MB telling me something was wrong?

Basically I'm at a loss as to how to diagnose and pinpoint the faulty part in the process.

Thank you for your help!