Nothing on monitor and no beeps

jaredr32

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
OK so i just got my computer assembled and set it up with my monitor and turned it on. The monitor says no signal and the computer makes no beeps. I do believe the system has a case speaker on it. The system is as follows....

a Rosewill Conqueror Case w/500w powersupply,
OCZ Platinum edition 8GB (4x2gb) 240 pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2,
LG 22x DVDR Burner Sata model,
Creative SB X-Fo Xtreme Audio 7.1 Channels,
Gigabyte AM2+/AM@ AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard,
GEForce 9800 GTX+ 512mb 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0,
AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7 GHz socket AM2+ 95w Dual core black edition,
Zonet ZEW1642 PCI Wireless Adapter,
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

I stripped her down to memory and processor and it still does the same thing. Even ran off the motherboards integrated graphics and got nothing. And I'm a noob so i am doing my best to give you all the details. lol

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I think you should check the connections...and make sure you change the setting from the monitor to DVI, HDMI, or VGA (whatever you are using). Doesn't sound like a computer issue to me, just monitor settings.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
If you arent getting any beeps and your having a problem with video like I did , then I would assume its the motherboard , I had a bad one as well , and for a while thought it was the video card , but I got another video card put in to check and it didnt work , got a replacement MOBO worked fine.

Siggy19

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
I had this issue on my I7 build at first until I noticed that the Motherboard has TWO power connections... a 24 pin one and an 8 pin one. The 8 pin one DOES need to be connected !

Of course, different CPU, Motherboard, PSU and case, but it may be the same problem nonetheless.

jaredr32

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
well, i am breadboarding now. I am getting the feeling either my mobo is bad or something. it has integrated video and that is what i am using to try to setup bios (if i could see anything). I have it breadboarded down to CPU, and memory, and i get nothing but i also believe that there is no speaker now that i look at it. I have a buddy bringing over his mobo later that we know works to see if we can get it to work. I may even try hooking into my old ass mobo and see if it works with it. I looked at it and i should be able to run everything on that mobo, so i will see. Thanks for all the help guys. I will let yall know what the outcome is.

jaredr32

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
well i traced everything back and ended up being a shorted bored. called newegg. they are going to send me a new one. so should have it back and put together again in a few more days. I also ordered a thermatake 1000w power supply to support my card. the one i got will do i am pretty sure but for how long i dont know.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
I knew it was the board , well I hope this next one works for you , and make sure ALL the stands are in before you put the board down all the way or plug anything into it.