[SOLVED] Nothing works after adding 2 more sticks of RAM

Dec 27, 2020
Hi guys......I am getting frustrated because my new PC has been working fine but, I added 2 more sticks of RAM and now nothing works. PC powers on, all fans turn, all of the RGB on all 4 sticks come on but, no display, neither the keyboard or mouse turn on so I can't get into BIOS. I had 2 sticks of RAM in there and working already but, when i added the other 2, nothing works. Yes, all the RAM is the same, I just recently updated the BIOS, and they are all pushed in good. Please help. This is my first PC build and I am new at this so, please go easy on me. LOL. Specs are as follows:

MSI X-570 Gaming Edge Wifi motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
MSI Gaming Trio RTX 3070
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3.2GHz PC4-25600 DDR4 DIMM

Solution
Removing the battery alone does not clear CMOS if there's still a charge in the motherboard's capacitors.
Taken straight from the mobo manual:
Resetting BIOS to default values
  1. Power off the computer and unplug the power cord
  2. Use a jumper cap to short JBAT1 for about 5-10 seconds.
  3. Remove the jumper cap from JBAT1.
  4. Plug the power cord and power on the computer.
Dec 27, 2020
No, they're not. Everyone viewing your post can see they're not because you added ram.

Remove the 2 sticks you added, and clear CMOS.
Hmmm....okay. So I had 2 existing sticks in there and I added another 2 of the same model. I did take out the 2 new ones, removed the CMOS battery, put sticks back in, put battery back in, and same result. Is that what you meant? Thanks

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Removing the battery alone does not clear CMOS if there's still a charge in the motherboard's capacitors.

Solution
Dec 27, 2020
Ok thanks. Going to try that now. Now to see if I have a jumper cap somewhere. Lol

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I figured it was packaged with the motherboard... if not, or it's missing, here's an alternative:
Do what you did before with removing the battery, but also unplug the psu - not sure if you did it or not, since there was no mention of doing it.
Discharge the chassis' power switch by holding it down for 15 seconds, and then wait 5 mins.

Put everything back and fire 'er up.

Dec 27, 2020
I figured it was packaged with the motherboard... if not, or it's missing, here's an alternative:
Do what you did before with removing the battery, but also unplug the psu - not sure if you did it or not, since there was no mention of doing it.
Discharge the chassis' power switch by holding it down for 15 seconds, and then wait 5 mins.

Put everything back and fire 'er up.
Phaaze! You are the best! It worked man! I really appreciate it! I couldn’t find the jumper so I just shorted the 2 pins out with a jumper wire. All 4 sticks are up and running now!! Thanks so much!