[SOLVED] Nothing works except google on laptop. Cannot find solution.

Apr 9, 2020
Internet works fine on my iPhone and iPad, but since last night I cannot do anything on my laptop except mainly google searches and some websites. Can’t use steam or discord or anything like that. Every single time it says “can’t reach this page”. I am at a loss. I’ve scoured the internet all day looking for a solution.

I’ve changed the DNS settings, reset my router and all that, set firewall to defaults, reset TCP/IP. I even sacrificed all my files with a factory reset and still nothing. I highly doubt it’s an isp issue, because the internet works for all other devices, regardless contacting them is out of the question because I live in Japan and don’t speak Japanese well enough. I would appreciate any sort of advice.

edit. Let me add that IPv4 connectivity currently says no internet access. At one point before I reset the computer I somehow got both IPv4 and IPv6 to connect and I set manual DNS and IP settings but that didn’t so anything to help either

Last edited:
Solution
Try booting a linux live cd and see if it has access. I don't think it should make a difference since you completely reformatted, but worth a shot.