[SOLVED] NOTHING WORKS IN MY PC.

DarqFX

Reputable
Jan 7, 2017
Context: i switched from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro and used a legit key and it installed.

Now... nothing works at ALL. Firstly my mobo is using integrated graphics and it cannot detect my gpu, secondly my ethernic cable is apparently not working because the internet connection just has a red cross in the bottom right of my screen; next, i cannot fully recover my pc, it just says there’s an error. Nvidia drivers will not install, the pc sometimes even just straight up freezes. I tried changes my integrated graphics but i go into “integrated graphics options” and there’s nothing... literally no options at all, just blank. So basically i have no internet connection now so i cant even download anything to help the pc. Also will add that in device manager it says theres a few “pci error” devices, and some “unknown devices” so essentially my pc has forgotten all of its parts or something.... PLEASE HELP

Solution
When you first change your OS the first order of business is to get that network adapter going. Look thru all your motherboard or adapter driver disks to install even an old driver that works. Once you are online then you can replace all those yellow !s by downloading the latest drivers.
As long as none of your hardware has changed or failed, try Windows 7 SP 1. It really is only one legitimate OS back from Windows 10. Windows 8 and 8.1 were disasters.
Win10 was developed for the touchscreen world of tablets and cellphones which I hear will no longer be supported.
As for Win 7, MSFT needs to keep this excellent OS around as a staple. I have been building PCs for 10 years with it.
They will have to pry it from my cold dead hands.
Feb 11, 2019
When you first change your OS the first order of business is to get that network adapter going. Look thru all your motherboard or adapter driver disks to install even an old driver that works. Once you are online then you can replace all those yellow !s by downloading the latest drivers.
As long as none of your hardware has changed or failed, try Windows 7 SP 1. It really is only one legitimate OS back from Windows 10. Windows 8 and 8.1 were disasters.
Win10 was developed for the touchscreen world of tablets and cellphones which I hear will no longer be supported.
As for Win 7, MSFT needs to keep this excellent OS around as a staple. I have been building PCs for 10 years with it.
They will have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

Last edited:
Solution