Nothing works, load or open in Windows 10 HELP!

Nitokis

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
Not long ago, my laptop made an update and since the update, nothing works. The laptop takes a long time to open, I feel it very slow, then if I try to open the windows start menu and click something, that's my only chance. For exemple, if I click settings, nothing load, nothing happens, and then everything block. Can't left click anything from windows, but control pannel etc works. It's really hard to explain, sorry for that. Also, if I want to exec something as admin, the admin confirmation doesnt pop, my desktop gets blurry like normal, but theres no accept or decline box, and my pc is frozen, have to shut it down from the power button. Then my start menu decide to stop working, can't shut down the pc, CTRL+ALT+DEL make blackscreen.

I tried sfc /scannow, it only work in safe mode, since I can't do it as an admin. ( I can't go to my profile account etc since settings doesn't work. )
Tried the cmd with /restorehealth ( don't remember the full cmd )

tried to reformat my pc, but it says something happen while reformating and I just can't do it

Scanned the pc with MRT, my antivirus, didnt scan anything.

Anyone can help me?...

Solution
You could try a factory reset as most laptops have some key combo you press at start up that loads the built in factory recovery options. I would only choose this route though if it came with win 10 and not something like win 7 which would mean upgrading to 10 again. Factory resetting to 10 would at least include drivers.

Colif

Win 11 Master
How did you try the reinstall? Reset?

If you don't have a win 10 installer, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

anything you want to save off PC, try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

so sfc & DISM didn't help. try running chkdsk /f in command prompt but we do that from advanced start up, not inside windows
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type chkdsk /f and it will scan hdd, might take a while.

Nitokis

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
okay, I'll try that. And the way I tried to reset was in safe mode, I can access the settings in safe mode, so I tried to reformat from there, but after 5 second I have an error message ( no code nothing ) just, something happened and I can't reformat it.

Nitokis

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
There's not much on this laptop since I have another PC. So I might reinstall windows. I'll tell you soon if that worked, need to get another USB key first.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You could try a factory reset as most laptops have some key combo you press at start up that loads the built in factory recovery options. I would only choose this route though if it came with win 10 and not something like win 7 which would mean upgrading to 10 again. Factory resetting to 10 would at least include drivers.

Solution

Tyler_122

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
So I know this is probably a dead thread... But the exact same thing happened to me after the latest update (3-15-2017) I'm at a loss besides doing a fresh install...Anyone come up with anything else since the last post?

Colif

Win 11 Master

You should start your own thread so that others may help you. If you show link here, I will take a look as well :)