Nothing works, ton of problems

Tomi_5

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
TLDR AT BOTTOM

Okay so prepare for one of the longest reads. I will try and be very thorough and describe everything in detail. Please bare with me as I am also not very knowledgeable in computers but enough to build my own, which I've sort of done. So you could say I know my stuff.. But do describe your answers in better understanding so we can solve this problem quickly and gracefully..

Do keep in mind this is about windows 7 when reading, you will see at one point.

So to start off this computer I have was bought from eBay as a refurbished government PC which has a nice i5 2400, over the weeks I installed more ram and added a 750ti and compatible psu..

Everything was completely fine, I had no problems playing games and the PC in general was nice and smooth, no problems.

I then decided to add a HDD from an older computer I had which serves as extra storage for whatever I need.

Played on the PC for another week and a bit, all good.

Then I remembered.... I had a laptop that had a hdd as well, so I snatched it and stuffed it in my rig, thinking all would go well it came to a conclusion that it was dead. Okay no problem, take it out and move on with life.

Now this is the part where everything goes wrong. Brace yourself.

TL; DR
I AM BASICALLY IN SAFEMODE

I really don't know how to explain this.
AFTER I had taken out the hdd

Windows 7 is basically in safe mode but 5x more strict. It basically has no drivers, yet I am on 1080p res from my gpu.

I can't access most things like services, some programs, volume, anti virus (avg free) , I can't boot from a CD from bios (also usb) it just goes right back to windows, I've tried making a guest account but it just says it can't connect to sens or something, it's style is windows 98, no game can be played,

I am basically in barebones windows 7. It's just there to stare at.

I can't re install as I have stated and no CD has come with it (I did download a copy of windows 7 to try and repair my legitimate one)

I have no cash and will not take it to a guy because if he can fix it so can we.

WHAT I HAVE DONE:

-cleared cmos/bios
-booted in safe mode, it's the same thing. All problems.
-tried booting from CD to repair
-configufed bios settings such as boot order, reset to defaults.

Please help me. Ask and I will answer. Answer and I will praise!

Solution

Start with removing all the drives except for the one that will have Windows installed on it. Create a USB from the Windows 7 setup ISO using this guide, there is a utility towards the bottom to get the Windows ISO file http://www.howtogeek.com/186775/how-to-download-windows-7-8-and-8.1-installation-media-legally/

Use the MS ISO to USB utility to create a bootable USB stick, try booting to that. You should have an option when you boot to get into a boot...

Tomi_5

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
Hang-the-9

Well yeah, it just skips to startup, I don't think it even shows an option to press any key to start the CD.

I am positive the media works, it also could install just through desktop but then it comes up with an error saying could not find the hard drives..

Start with removing all the drives except for the one that will have Windows installed on it. Create a USB from the Windows 7 setup ISO using this guide, there is a utility towards the bottom to get the Windows ISO file http://www.howtogeek.com/186775/how-to-download-windows-7-8-and-8.1-installation-media-legally/

Use the MS ISO to USB utility to create a bootable USB stick, try booting to that. You should have an option when you boot to get into a boot option to manually select the USB stick. Make sure you are using a USB 2 port and if you have a new motherboard you may need to turn off secure boot and turn on legacy BIOS. Or just get a Windows 10 license and use that.

Solution