[SOLVED] Nothing works

Mar 19, 2019
So today i installed a amd ryzen 5 2600 to a a320m grenade motherboard and then i tried to start up my pc and all the led’s turned on and all te fans started spinning but the screen didnt work and mouse and keyboard didnt either does anyone know what i need to do

Solution
You do realize that 3xx motherboards don't work with 2xxx processors without a BIOS update, yes?
Forgot about that one, the a320 chipset probably needs an update to work with Pinnacle Ridge CPUs.
Next time, make sure to check a site like pcpartpicker.com to check for incompatibility issues.
You can probably find more info online with a simple google search on how to update your bios.
Please realize this is a dangerous procedure if your pc turns off during the process, so be careful.

Good luck!
Mar 19, 2019
Did you install a video card in the system?
Keep in mind your CPU does not have integrated graphics and can't output display signals without a video card connected to the motherboard.
If you did install a video card, make sure the display is connected to the video cards output, not the motherboard connector.

Hope i helped you,
Martijn Oosterhuis

Mar 19, 2019
Did you install a video card in the system?
Keep in mind your CPU does not have integrated graphics and can't output display signals without a video card connected to the motherboard.
If you did install a video card, make sure the display is connected to the video cards output, not the motherboard connector.

Hope i helped you,
Martijn Oosterhuis
Yes i did connect a gpu and everything i bought a complete pc and then only replaced the cpu abd now this happens

Mar 19, 2019
You do realize that 3xx motherboards don't work with 2xxx processors without a BIOS update, yes?
Forgot about that one, the a320 chipset probably needs an update to work with Pinnacle Ridge CPUs.
Next time, make sure to check a site like pcpartpicker.com to check for incompatibility issues.
You can probably find more info online with a simple google search on how to update your bios.
Please realize this is a dangerous procedure if your pc turns off during the process, so be careful.

Good luck!

Solution

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Yes i did connect a gpu and everything i bought a complete pc and then only replaced the cpu abd now this happens

Sounds like you are in luck. Put the original CPU back in. Go to the motherboard website and download your BIOS revisions. PAY ATTENTION as in some cases you have to install "bridge BIOS" before the newest one for it to operate properly.
After you successfully do that, reinstall your newer CPU.