Question Nothing works

Aug 22, 2019
I've recently reset my computer through the windows 10 settings. I went through the set up with ease but I noticed its verry slow compared to before. When I signed in nothing seemed to work. The windows button doesn't work neither does file explorer. The only thing that will open is task manager. I've reset the computer 3 times to see if it would fix it but nothing seems to be working. The help would be much appreciated.

Aug 22, 2019
  1. It is the GL72m 7RDx msi laptop with a 7th H series Gen CPU and a geforce gtx 1050 with 16gb of ram.
  2. Its my brothers computer he wanted to start it fresh because of storage issues.
  3. No he reset his computer through settings - update and security - recovery

jrazor247

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
Did you check the fan or if the power supply is working fully?

The laptop could be slowing down , throttling down because of too much heat from dust or bad fan, or not enough power.

The fan should be like a hair dryer while gaming, though your local PC shop or owners of the similar laptops would know better.

Aug 22, 2019
Did you check the fan or if the power supply is working fully?

The laptop could be slowing down , throttling down because of too much heat from dust or bad fan, or not enough power.

The fan should be like a hair dryer while gaming, though your local PC shop or owners of the similar laptops would know better.

I would have no clue it isn't my laptop. My brother can only tell me that it's running slower than usual. We cant test to see how fast the fan goes through games because we cant open anything. I'm going to try and reinstall windows through my usb I'll let the thread know if anything changes after.

Aug 22, 2019
OK I've tried to reinstall windows through a hard drive, I don't know if i'm doing it wrong or if it just isn't working. I turn the computer off then i insert the thumb stick into the computer and turn the computer back on, and nothing happens. It brings me right back to the sign in screen and everything still wont load. If i'm doing something wrong please tell me if I have done everything correctly is their anything else I can do to fix this problem or is it something to do with the hardware?

My brother is currently talking to the Microsoft help line so maybe they could figure something out but the first time we tried they made us go into safe mode and reinstall windows again which did nothing.

Aug 22, 2019
FIX:
fixed the issue. had to open up cmd from windows trouble shoot startup and ran the command E:\startup.exe while the windows creation tool was plunged in. when it ran I had noticed the drive was partitioned into like 9 parts. I deleted them all and installed windows onto the drive with no partitions.