Question Noticeable differences and frame rate

三n_- 9

Commendable
May 14, 2019
So I have a question which I know the answer to and I’ll probably get it v soon, so I have a 2080, ryzen 5 1600x (probably gonna get new 3000 series if not maybe intel depending on what the bench’s predict come release of the new cpus) but basically got a pc pre built because other one got water damaged it had decent specs but I only noticed recently the memory is ddr4 Corsair value select I was thinking of buying vengeance lpx 3200 as it’s cheap for two 8gs rn, will I see a frame jump up at all with this move etc how much will I notice things with faster ram, mainly play rainbow six siege at current, frame rates are up and down but would average 140 probably also should I go for new ryzen or maybe intel n if so what intel because I seen that the i5 900k is really good or should I go for an i7 or i9 if I even touch intel which I probably won’t due to motherboard switch etc

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Just switching from a Corsair Value Select to a Corsair LPX won't really give you a performance increase if they are operating at the same speed.

The CAS Latency may be better on higher end models such as the LPX, but just improving CAS latency won't make a noticeable difference in the way you would want. The main benefit of the LPX is just quality, usually more overclocking capability, better temperature control, better looks (RGB for example) etc.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Is it essential ASAP? No.
Would it be useful in your case? More than likely.

Ryzen does like faster memory, so you will get good performance increase in some applications being as you are running a Ryzen rig.
Nothing wrong with getting faster RAM, nowadays at DDR4, faster RAM is having more noticeable differences in applications.

三n_- 9

Commendable
May 14, 2019
Thanks for the reply, also another quick question with faster ram say you have FPS fluctuating from 200-120 could faster ram stabilise this around mid way due to the faster speed at all?