News Now Even Your Liquid Cooler’s Tubing Can Get RGB

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
The drive to 'RGB all the things' is already absurd, but if someone is willing to buy it, there will always be a place for components such as this.

Until RGB/aRGB unite in terms of standardization of usage and control, we are going to continue having mismatched component support unless consumers commit to a single vendor or defined ecosystem, which current-state today is difficult for the average shopper to decipher. Even 3-pin vs 3-pin might have differences in supported connectors meaning one 3-pin fan is not compatible with a 3-pin controller without a specialized adapter. (ex clip connector vs. pin connector)

Even so, some vendors have gone from 4-pin RGB to 3-pin aRGB within a short period of time, making their own products incompatible together. The result is that new component purchases (like fans) would be required, but for AIOs with incorrect pump lighting headers, you're looking at a new AIO.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Didn't really need any more than this ;-) it pains me that I fully expect to pay more for non RGB components at some point in the not too far future

You can also just not connect the RGB/aRGB cabling or simply turn it off as another solution. But for those devices without that option, vote with your wallet and simply choose something else.

RGB/aRGB continues to be a huge thing because people continue to buy it. If everyone stopped buying it, the trend would decline quickly. There are plenty of non-RGB alternatives across nearly all price ranges, especially in terms of coolers.

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
Didn't really need any more than this ;-) it pains me that I fully expect to pay more for non RGB components at some point in the not too far future
What have you done? Don't give them ideas. I'm satisfied enough that many non-RGB units are 10-20% cheaper than the RGB ones. If you keep saying these things they'll let out an evil laugh while rubbing their hands together.

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
Galax's marketing was thinking way to small, they should market this in a variety of sizes, lengths and flexiblities. It is not just a RGB covering for AIO Cooler tubing, this could be used to cover any and all wires, cables and cable bundles. This could be a polychromatic alternative to custom cable sleeving with a cool side of colorful cable management thrown in.