Now it's NO SOUNDS on webpages!!!!

OK guys, the *helpfiles* do not cover this newest problem with WXP-Home.
Suddenly (and the options are set to play sounds) there are NO SOUNDS from
webpages anymore! What happened? I have Real Player and Windows Media
Player on my PC, also Winamp! Why don't I see the "volume control" thing on
my own webpages? This is the code I use for my own pages, but can't hear
any webpages now. How do I get this to work again and how do I hear sounds
from the web again? Yes, the speakers are fine as I can play music from my
HD or a CD.

<embed src="http://www.heartoftn.net/users/windsong/bad-boys.mid"
hidden="false" border="0" width="210" height="35" autostart="true"
loop="true" volume="75%">

Thank you so much!

FS.................

"~ FreeSpirit ~" <spammenot@nospam.net> wrote in message
> OK guys, the *helpfiles* do not cover this newest problem with WXP-Home.
> Suddenly (and the options are set to play sounds) there are NO SOUNDS from
> webpages anymore! What happened? I have Real Player and Windows Media
> Player on my PC, also Winamp! Why don't I see the "volume control" thing
on
> my own webpages? This is the code I use for my own pages, but can't hear
> any webpages now. How do I get this to work again and how do I hear
sounds
> from the web again? Yes, the speakers are fine as I can play music from
my
> HD or a CD.
>
> <embed src="http://www.heartoftn.net/users/windsong/bad-boys.mid"
> hidden="false" border="0" width="210" height="35" autostart="true"
> loop="true" volume="75%">

*** THIS should show a player as it always did before. Now all I get is a
blank with a tiny square at one end.

~ FreeSpirit ~ wrote:
> "~ FreeSpirit ~" <spammenot@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> OK guys, the *helpfiles* do not cover this newest problem with
>> WXP-Home. Suddenly (and the options are set to play sounds) there
>> are NO SOUNDS from webpages anymore! What happened? I have Real
>> Player and Windows Media Player on my PC, also Winamp! Why don't I
>> see the "volume control" thing on my own webpages? This is the code
>> I use for my own pages, but can't hear any webpages now. How do I
>> get this to work again and how do I hear sounds from the web again?
>> Yes, the speakers are fine as I can play music from my HD or a CD.
>>
>> <embed src="http://www.heartoftn.net/users/windsong/bad-boys.mid"
>> hidden="false" border="0" width="210" height="35" autostart="true"
>> loop="true" volume="75%">
>
> *** THIS should show a player as it always did before. Now all I
> get is a blank with a tiny square at one end.
>
>> Thank you so much!

My code is as follows -

<EMBED SRC="images/fieldgld.mid" WIDTH="51" HEIGHT="15" ALIGN="BOTTOM"
autostart="true" loop="true" controls="smallconsole">
<noembed> <bgsound src="images/fieldgld.mid" loop=infinite
controls="smallconsole">

- where images is my folder where the file is kept.

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)