[NPPangband] *identify* -scroll doesn't work properly?

Good day, fellow adventurers.

My name is Welldone and I'm 32 level gnome mage. I have been able and
lucky enough to recover several interesting artifacts from the dungeon
depths below 1300', but now I'm puzzled about this strangest thing. Is
there any particular or otherwise well known reason for my being unable
to use *identify* scroll upon some of the artifacts, like the 'Cloak
Naurith' or the 'Gloves Cambeleg'?

I thank thee in advance, most kind sirs.

"FatHam" <nospam@address.invalid> wrote in message
> Good day, fellow adventurers.
>
> My name is Welldone and I'm 32 level gnome mage. I have been able and
> lucky enough to recover several interesting artifacts from the dungeon
> depths below 1300', but now I'm puzzled about this strangest thing. Is
> there any particular or otherwise well known reason for my being unable
> to use *identify* scroll upon some of the artifacts, like the 'Cloak
> Naurith' or the 'Gloves Cambeleg'?
>
> I thank thee in advance, most kind sirs.

The only thing I can think of is that they are already identified. Did you
get them as quest rewards?

-Jeff

Jeff Greene wrote:
> "FatHam" <nospam@address.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>Good day, fellow adventurers.
>>
>>...any well known reason for my being unable
>>to use *identify* scroll upon some of the artifacts, like the 'Cloak
>>Naurith' or the 'Gloves Cambeleg'?
>>

> The only thing I can think of is that they are already identified. Did you
> get them as quest rewards?
>
> -Jeff

Well met, Jeff.

You are absolutely right about this, I was already identified both. I'm
sorry, I thought I was resistant to confusion, but apparently my 'Metal
Cap of Thengel' has failed me this time. The problem was that I was sure
there were description "It might have hidden powers" in the cloack and I
still could not identify it, but as you pointed out, that was not the
case and all I had to do is to be more carefull with things. Everything
is identified now and no problem exists anymore.

Maybe I still can't think clearly after a very long and hard battle
against a Troll Stronghold around a depth of 1000'. I almost died
numerous times, surviving my attackers with only zero hitpoints several
times. It seems to take some time to recover of such deed. Thank you for
your reply and sorry for my stupid mix up.

Good adventuring.

--Welldone---