nt 4.0 domain change

I have a server running small businness and exchange 5.0.
Im going to be moving the server to a new domain. When I
do this am I going to lose all my mailboxes because all
those user accounts are gone. Is there an easy way to do
this.

Not really because you cannot according to MS move a DC
without reinstallation. You might be able to use a third party
tool called Newsids to move the server.

"art" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
> I have a server running small businness and exchange 5.0.
> Im going to be moving the server to a new domain. When I
> do this am I going to lose all my mailboxes because all
> those user accounts are gone. Is there an easy way to do
> this.

thanks do you know where i can get newsids.

Also Small Business Server can only be a PDC in any domain. You will not be
able to move this box becauase it needs to be the PDC during install so you
have to move the other domain to the domain of this machine as it will not
be able to "join" any domain.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

> thanks do you know where i can get newsids.

This server currently recognizes it self as a bpc. I have
a windows 2000 network this is the only non 2k machine on
the network. We have a 2000 server the my nt server
recognizes as a pdc. We want to take that server offline
and replace it with a new server. I've talked with people
that told me that the transfer of fsmo rules that microst
posted has not worked on 8 tries in labs and at client
locations. so Im looking towards creating a paralel domain
and then ,moving the clients and the sbs server over

I would double check your idea in the SBS newsgroups.