NT 4 Video Driver

Guys Help

Ive just loaded NT 4 onto an IBM 300pl system and I cant
get the load a video driver to support VGA, Im stuch on a
16 bit 600/400 resolution.

Ive been thru the process loaded new drivers from IBM,
the NT disk ect, Im logged on as the Administrator with
full rights and now I get an message teeling me I dont
have Permission to load drivers

Can anyone help?

Are you at at least Service Pack3? You should be using Service Pack 6 but
typically 3 is the minimum for some video cards. Are you sure your loading
the exact NT drivers from IBM's site? NT is very, very picky about drivers
and you must be using the driver that supports NT.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"Kevin E" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Guys Help
>

> Ive just loaded NT 4 onto an IBM 300pl system and I cant
> get the load a video driver to support VGA, Im stuch on a
> 16 bit 600/400 resolution.
>
> Ive been thru the process loaded new drivers from IBM,
> the NT disk ect, Im logged on as the Administrator with
> full rights and now I get an message teeling me I dont
> have Permission to load drivers
>
> Can anyone help?

The IBM 300PL uses the S3 Trio video chip.
This chip is AGP based, You must install Windows NT Service
Pack 3 or later (preferrably 6a) to use AGP video cards.
Windows NT will automatically recognize the card once the
Service Pack is installed and rebooted.