NT Domain & VPN

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Sorry if this is in the wrong group. I have created a VPN
tunnel from home to the office network through a
Sonicwall Firewall. I can create the tunnel, ping the
server, print to the network printer, etc. but cannot
figure out how to actually login to the NT Domain so I
can truly work in the network! Not an expert but somewhat
knowledgeable, just learning about VPN's however. I am
using NT 4 at work, XP Pro at home with Sonicwall's
Global VPN Client software to create the link.
..

You'll need to create a connection to the VPN in My Network Places, connect,
and then join to the domain. When you reboot, check off the "Dial a
connection first" checkbox on the Ctrl Alt Del screen, and you should be
able to figure it out from there (sorry, i don't have a box setup like this
here to walk through it).

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com

"Tony" <a.m_nospam_@cox.net> wrote in message
> Sorry if this is in the wrong group. I have created a VPN
> tunnel from home to the office network through a
> Sonicwall Firewall. I can create the tunnel, ping the
> server, print to the network printer, etc. but cannot
> figure out how to actually login to the NT Domain so I
> can truly work in the network! Not an expert but somewhat
> knowledgeable, just learning about VPN's however. I am
> using NT 4 at work, XP Pro at home with Sonicwall's
> Global VPN Client software to create the link.
> .

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Thanks for the reply. Didn't think of that!!!

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:31:36 -0500, "Brian Desmond [MVP]"
<desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us> wrote:

>You'll need to create a connection to the VPN in My Network Places, connect,
>and then join to the domain. When you reboot, check off the "Dial a
>connection first" checkbox on the Ctrl Alt Del screen, and you should be
>able to figure it out from there (sorry, i don't have a box setup like this
>here to walk through it).
>
>--

I am having no luck creating a connection to the VPN. Any suggestions?
Thanks

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 05:57:43 -0500, Tony <a.m_nospam_@cox.net> wrote:

>Thanks for the reply. Didn't think of that!!!
>
>On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:31:36 -0500, "Brian Desmond [MVP]"
><desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us> wrote:
>
>>You'll need to create a connection to the VPN in My Network Places, connect,
>>and then join to the domain. When you reboot, check off the "Dial a
>>connection first" checkbox on the Ctrl Alt Del screen, and you should be
>>able to figure it out from there (sorry, i don't have a box setup like this
>>here to walk through it).
>>
>>--

You'll need to clue us in on what exact error you receive
when attempting to create a connection.

"Jack Sprat" <jacksprat@msn.com> wrote in message
> I am having no luck creating a connection to the VPN. Any suggestions?
> Thanks

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Well, Thanks to everybody who tried to help. I finally figured it
out!! I hadn't configured the Firewall to assign the VPN connection an
IP. Once I did that, it kicked right in! Thanks again.

Tony