Question NT Kernel & System (ntoskrnl.exe) has been using up way more CPU and way more power usage recently. What could cause it?

Jerutastic

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
Specs: Intel i5-6600K 3.5 GHZ
GPU: 1080 Strix 8gb
RAM: 16GB
PSU: CXM 550 Watts

Hello all, as the title suggests I've been noticing my CPU is running a little louder than usual when I do basic things like gaming, even browsing the internet and having a video play so I looked at my task manager and I saw that ntoskrnl.exe is using about 30% of my CPU even at idle.

My CPU would never be this high at just idle before, this just started. I'm a person that keep s a close eye on whats running on his PC. Also no new hardwares have been installed either.

Screenshots:
CPU USage view
Other pic

I did the basic stuff, run for viruses and malware to make sure nothing was making it run more, disabled basic services (even Windows Indexing Search) to see if it made a difference but nothing at all. Keep in mind I am not doing anything new, playing the same games and doing the same activity.

And of course checked to make sure all of my drivers were updated, and they all were. Cant figure out for the life of me why this started happening out of no where. Its been a bout a couple of weeks.

Thank you in advance.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS