NT On Access Scanner

When I start my computer is extremely slow, once it reaches the desktop
(normal time) it takes approximatley 5 minutes
for my computer to begin any applications. After waiting a box appears
stating "NT On Access Scanner has encountered a problem and needs to
close". I've been looking across the internet for an answer, a search
which brought me here as others have had similar problems. I thought
it might be a virus or worm and now have McAfree through AOL and Norton
2005, neither of which find any problems.

Any suggestions or remedies? Thanks.

--
Dondongio

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Dondongio wrote:

> When I start my computer is extremely slow, once it reaches the desktop
> (normal time) it takes approximatley 5 minutes
> for my computer to begin any applications. After waiting a box appears
> stating "NT On Access Scanner has encountered a problem and needs to
> close". I've been looking across the internet for an answer, a search
> which brought me here as others have had similar problems. I thought
> it might be a virus or worm and now have McAfree through AOL and Norton
> 2005, neither of which find any problems.
>
> Any suggestions or remedies? Thanks.

See some of these links. The first one has some solutions:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22NT+on+access+scanner%22%2BXP&btnG=Search

Another option is to do some clean boot troubleshooting to find out
what's loading that's causing the problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User