NT printer driver reinstalls...

Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

hello,
my dedicated NT print server is in intensive care and it
doesn't look good at all after suffering from a violent
cardiac arrest. i was able to resuscitate it and at least
get on makeshift life support so that we can continue
printing for some 50 users in our office.

i have a new replacement NT machine online and running,
but my current problem is print drivers. we use fairly old
print drivers because we use AutoCAD very extensively.
AutoCAD is Very particular to how it prints to printers. I
want to be able to somehow move all print drivers from the
old machine onto the new one, without having to manually
reinstall each driver.

can anyone suggest their favorite method and/or suggest a
shortcut?, i have a feeling exporting the registry
settings may be a part of this task?

thank you for your suggestions. i don't have much Windows
experience. your help will be greatly appreciated.

-mike

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Now that it's been resuscitated, you may be able to use PrintMig to migrate
the printers over to the new box.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=D6915F13-EDE4-4708-83C1-0091EEADE293

The documentation has some good info, but you can also refer to some of
these articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;255187
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315983
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;214795