NT4.0 TCP/IP Installation question

manny

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Does anyone know which files are required to install
tcp/ip on an nt4 wks, without having the entire i386 cd or
directory present?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

There are several. What kind of problem are you having? There may be an
easier way to fix this.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"Manny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know which files are required to install
> tcp/ip on an nt4 wks, without having the entire i386 cd or
> directory present?

manny

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

It's a long story. Basically, I'm doing a networked
unattended install of NT4 wks and want to put on TCP/IP
but don't want to install the adapter yet. This doesn't
seem possible so I changed my unattend to NOT install
networking at all. I'll then come after NT w/ a forced
local logon and run a script automatically to add the
adapter and protocol then. This machine doesn't have a cd-
rom drive. It does have DOS networking (from bootdisk),
prior to NT, which is how I get installation files in
place. I wanted only the files necessary for installing
tcp/ip. Hope this is clearer....

Prakash

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

There are many , so can't say. Better to have I386 in d:.
Thanks