NT4 every 3 hours tries to contact IPs that were deleted o..

NT4 every 3 hours tries to contact IPs that were deleted out of my host file? Why and how do i stop it?

I have a NT4 domain with Xp clients and i check my firewall logs and my exchange 5.0 box is tring to contact IPs that were in my host file. I have since deleted the entries and rebooted. I also checked all of my servers hosts files for them and they have not turned up. This box tries to contact then every three hours on the nose. Is there a cache that needs to be cleaned?

in command window try

ipconfig /flushdns <enter>

dunno if it works on NT but does on 2000 and up